Low Voltage Technician
• Install, terminate and test low voltage cables and fiber optic cables.
• Route cable through conduit, above ceilings and between floors per job specifications.
• Read and comprehend technical plan, operation manuals, maintenance instructions and procedures.
• Identify color codes for fiber, 25 pair and 50 pair.
• Provide or relocate cable and modular connections.
• Assist in installation of communications hardware.
• Complete projects within budget, on time, and in a safe manner.
• Maintain high standards with regards to workmanship, customer relations, and team members.
• Demonstrate organization skills and submit all paperwork and expense reports on time.
• Adhere to all required project specifics as well as company safety requirements.
• Provides timely feedback to customers and management.
• Escalates unresolved requests using documented procedures.
• Recognizes/analyzes recurring issues and recommends constructive improvements to prevent recurrence.
• Familiarity with wireless network installation and testing
• Diagnose and correct copper cable problems
• Removal and cleanup of abandoned cables and systems
• Installation of hardware including backboards, blocks, racks, patch panels, switches, firewalls and camera/NVR equipment.
• Configuration and setup of Access Control systems and Camera systems
• Respond to work orders / tickets to diagnose and repair wiring and related issues
• Delivery and set up of desktop computers, touchscreens, printers, cameras, telephone and network equipment.
• Ability to troubleshoot basic windows and computer errors and issues
• Ability to troubleshoot basic network and telecommunications issues
• Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Company Conformance Statement:
• Perform quality work within assigned deadlines with and/or without direct supervision.
• Interact professionally with other employees, customers, suppliers, vendors, etc.
• Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
• Work independently while understanding the need for communication and coordination with other team members.
• Regularly exposed to work in environments without climate-controls.
• May be exposed to airborne particles and dirt in outdoor or construction environments.
• Noise levels can be high depending upon work site and tools required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must regularly:
• Lift and/or move up to 50 pounds unassisted.
• Must be able to stand, walk, reach and with hands and arms, for up to eight hours daily.
• Must be able to coordinate hands and eyes while using automated tools and equipment.
• Must be able to handle a variety of items, equipment, control knobs, switches, etc.
• Must be able to use one hand for twisting or turning motions while coordinating other hand with different activities.
• Must have average levels of eye/hand/foot coordination.
• Must be able to climb up and down ladders
• Must be able to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch and/or crawl in all environments.
CCB Tech Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, CCB Tech Group complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job Type: Full-time